Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cooker or Stove

When I was reading the British version of "Country Home" I noticed that stoves were used for heating, so you all call what you cook on a "cooker". Hmmm, sounds logical. You call them "cookers" even if they are the electric or gas turn on/turn off type? We call what we cook on a stove and we can have a stove to heat with, too, but they are not the same thing, confusing. I love reading all about it. I'm a nut on information, not anything useful mind you, just nosy I suppose. Thanks for answering my questions. Now I have another, when I watch the imported British T.V. shows I see small refrigerators, under the counter. Is this typical?