Monday, November 15, 2010

Halloween Chair!


I know it's late but I thought I would show you this chair I made for a miniaturist for Halloween. She sent the fabric, after a long search and I covered a chair that I copied off a full size furniture site, it was called the "Vamp Chair". She sent some small skeletons for me to "make legs from". The minute I saw them I had the idea to make "Ball and Claw" feet from the hands. My daughter thought it a bit morbid, but it works. I experimented with her skeletons and found more at Michaels that were painted so I used those. I painted 4 small beads black to put into the bony hands.
I have figured out how to put a ruffle on a pillow that looks nice. I have been trying to do that for years. I will put it into a blog project soon if you are interested.
Starting work on the project for November, talk to you all soon, Kris

17 comments:

  1. Wow! That is really cool! Love it!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with the chair! The feet are so original.

    Victoria : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I'm not on the witchy side but this is wonderful. The hands have been a cool idea! Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome chair! OMG! I love those chair feet! You're so creative! I can't wait to see what the project is for November and I can't wait to see how you do a ruffle! Thank you for all that you do!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love it! Great job, Kris! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the chair!! I Love it!
    -Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its incredibly wonderful! I love the material you used and the feet , so cool! I bet she was over the moon! Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ,,, really wonderful! And what an idea with the legs ... fantastic.

    Lotti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love it!!!! The feet/hands are wonderful and the fabric is really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the chair, I love it! Good thinking and very creative on the hands/feet. Beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I almost forgot, I would definitely be interested in seeing how you make ruffles on those little tiny pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola!! He estado mirando tu blog y me encanta todo lo que haces y tus tutoriales son magnificos. Podria pedirte un favor? Es que pusieras un traductor de google para poder entender todo. Un beso y muchas gracias

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me too about the ruffles and I want to say, this is such a great Halloween chair. Definitely a collectors' item!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Amazing Impressive work! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The splines were glued into the two opposite sides making sure they went in all the way and then the other two sides were glued on. HC Cafe Tables

    ReplyDelete