Thursday, June 24, 2010

What Happened?

What in the world happened? I gained over 20 new followers almost over night. WOW! Hello, and I hope you enjoy making minis with us.

I just want to remind you all that I do have some instructions early in the blog. They are "wordy" with no as you go pictures, but are really worth a look.

Aged Painted Finish, March 8, 2010

Cheater Rugs, Part 2, Feb. 26, 2010, talks about buying suede paper from www.dragonflyinternational.com for making rugs with your printer.

Cheater Rug, Feb. 23, 2010, these are ideas for quick rugs.

2 Fancy Faux Finishes, Feb 15, 2010

Vintage Kitchen, Nov. 28, 2009 back to July 24, 2009, toaster, canning pot, stove, refrigerator, sink and cabinet and table.

Contemporary Shell Lamp, July 17, 2009.

And if you have any questions about anything in any of the room boxes I would be happy to make it into a blog project for you all.

Dangerous Mezzo, I was looking around online for fabric and I found Clarice Cliff fabric, who knew? It's at www.quilts - kits - online.com and made by Fabric Freedom and called Deco Dance. If I still quilted I would buy some, but I know if I bought it now it would just sit and my kids would have something else to throw out!

I am working on chairs for Merry Jingle, so I have to get back to work.

Again, Welcome to all the new followers.

TTYL Kris

9 comments:

  1. has happened that they have finally noticed you, your skill, your availability, your interesting and valuable tutorials!
    I put your blog among my favorites! if other followers have done the same thing, this becomes a TAM TAM and easily spread the word!
    if you follow my blog, I make a post for you, for advertising! I believe that everyone should know you, you are a big help for us!
    thank you!
    Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, your newest followers love your tutorials! Me included! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Kris! please, help me...
    I have read the post on the mat paper suede: is a great idea!!
    I'm building a doll's house in the mountains, a cabin in the Dolomites (Trentino, Italy)... The furniture is all rustic wood with parquet floors and ceiling beams ...
    you can see here:
    http://leminisdicockerina.blogspot.com/2009/09/la-mia-casetta.html

    You know where I can find a model of carpet, Tyrolean style, for my home? I can not find any material on the web because the style of my house is too special .. thank you if you can help me!
    a kiss, Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you on a feature on some other blog yesterday...maybe that's where everyone else found you too? It's so hard to find tutorials on making minis online because people want to sell their minis so they don't share...I love that you have tutorials so I can try it all out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello kris! I think I lot of people found you because you were linked a few days ago from here:

    http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2010/06/how-to_miniature_paper_pottery.html

    it's a pretty big blog with thousands of daily readers. I signed up to follow you too! You stuff is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through All Things Paper - and I am so glad you were featured there! Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-) found you on another blog.... your work is very cute! Great tips also :-)

    Cheers from New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  8. As others have said, you do such amazing work that it's a wonder that you don't have 500 followers :D

    Ira

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kris, Ann here, from All Things Paper. I'm so glad the feature post about your work has brought you well-deserved attention. Your minis are incredible and you're very generous to share your knowledge with all of us. Thanks again.

    If anyone would like to read the original post in which I talk about Kris's use of quilling paper, here's the link:
    http://allthingspaper-annmartin.blogspot.com/2010/06/paper-miniatures.html

    ReplyDelete