Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Berries from the dogs?

Ira, what on earth do the dogs do to the berries? They don't eat them do they? When my husband weeds the garden, the donkeys, if they are on the other side of the coral start hee hawing, getting excited over the weeds they will be getting. After that they just hang their heads over the fence to receive the treats! Got a tiny egg yesterday, one of the new chickens must have started laying. Al, that's my husband, is taking out the spring garden stuff that's done and putting in the summer garden, more beans and some beets. I don't know what else he's putting in. Trying out lots of new stuff to keep without having to preserve it. Dried my onions and put them in jars to use later.
I will put pictures up of the half scale chairs when I finish them.
TTYL Kris

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, they do eat them :D I put last summer the nets over the strawberries to protect them from the birds, but well, they don't keep the dogs away :D They eat also the blueberries, red gooseberries, rasberries, red currants, plums, cherries, tomatoes, radishes, peas - you name it :D Couple of them also love lettuce. They also love to eat dandelions and cattail roots, they are nuts :D

    Can't wait to see the chairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it seems that my comment dissappeared, damn blogger!

    So here we go again - yes, they do eat them - strawberries, blueberries, rasberries, red currants, plums, apples, cherries, lettuce, radishes, dandelions, cattail roots - you name it :D They are quite strange dogs :D

    And can't wait to see the mini chairs how they turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, now the previous post appeared :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a really productive garden going there Kris. Oh how I would love to have donkeys, they are the cutest animals, such lovely faces.
    My dogs used to eat the raspberries. I started them off by offering them one, but I didn't realise they would like them so much they would help themselves. And knew to only eat the nice red ones too! I sometimes put a big lettuce leaf on the dog's head if he's in the kitchen, for a laugh. He then tears it to shreds but doesn't eat it.

    ReplyDelete