Sunday, September 14, 2014

PREVIEW



It's taken me 7 days but I did it.  Can you find it?  I spy with my little eye . . . .

This is why I do the blog.  I love making things, I don't do that much making anymore.  When I made room boxes I made everything and everything was out on my table!












Here it is.
















Insides, too.












Judi helped with the measurements and I went online to check out other things.  It might not be all just so but I think it's "good enough for a town this big".  (That's a saying around here.)







I have got to make another to get the step by step pictures.  I did not know whether this was going to work out.  Everything was a trial in one way or another.


This is the bottle I used for the body of the washer.  Look closely, it's the round pills, look in the lower right corner, 100 coated tablets.  They cost $2.48 at Wal-Mart.
















This is what I used for the tub inside.  This comes in a box.  It costs 98 cents at Wal-Mart.

I dreaded drilling all the holes in the tub.  When looking online at pictures I noticed no holes.  How did the water get out????  Well, duh Kris, no spinning for centrifugal force, the water drains out, that's why there is a wringer!  So used to modern conveniences.

You will need a piece of wire about a 1/16 inch in diameter.  Black if you can get it.  This is the drain hose.


I explained about this wire in "How to make a faucet planter and daisies" tutorial.  It's house wiring, it is in a white or yellow covering with other wires, it's 12/2 with ground.  Home Depot will have it and you can have them cut you about a foot.  You can use the rest for other projects.






1/4 inch dowel.

















This is the glue I used for gluing the plastics together.  I buy this from Hobby Builders.

















This is a glue I know you can get at the stores.  Joann Swanson recommends it as being very, very good.  I would try this before ordering the stuff from Hobby Builders.  The reason I don't use it is because it's so thick.














Tooth picks, I have bamboo skewers on the table, too but I think I could substitute with tooth picks.












A couple of little nails and an 1/8 hole punch.











Make yourself a quilling tool if you haven't got one.  Use a piece of dowel and a large needle.  Push the needle into the end of the dowel and snip off the top of the needle's eye.









This is the finish I used, I get it at Wal-Mart.



















Tomorrow is Monday and I will begin to make another wringer/washer and take the step by step pictures for you.  I just was excited to show you what I have so far.

TTUL  Kris




14 comments:

  1. Wonderful, so glad you shared.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, you are, without shadow of doubt, a genius! I don't know how you do it but you achieve what lesser mortals can't even aspire to. I have a kit for a machine like this languishing in a dark hole somewhere that I can't make, can't fathom the instructions or what the hundreds of bits are for. I know your tutorial will be clear and well written. Thank you seems inadequate in the face of such generosity but thanks and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little machine is so cute. You're a genius for sure, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris if you had been born a boy, you would have been an inventor for sure!! You amaze me, what a wonderful little repro of the real thing . . . I look forward to reading the step by step. :)
    Cheers,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow how beautiful and nice to see your step by step!
    And that you show what you can use.
    In the future I go make a laundry room so it should be a beautiful item.
    Here in the Netherlands we have not the same brands.... so please once in a while a few measurement should be handy for me.
    Thank very much for all your inspiring work and your time to put it online!
    groetjes van Marijke
    www.thuis-in-het-klein.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so clever! Thank you--it's going to be so cool to see the process play out in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPERB!!!! Now I feel like I want to make a laundry room! When I was growing up, this is just the kind of washing machine that my mom had down in the basement, along side my dad's wall of electronics! What were they thinking?!!!
    Anyway, it sure brings back the memories..... Exceptionally Well Done Kris! I look forward to your forthcoming tutorial! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has to be the most awesome project you have created thus far. I am really looking forward to the step by step. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out FANTASTIC!!! I knew you could do it!! I am thrilled beyond words!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all the pictures of what you used - it is so helpful to see. I can't wait to see the step-by-step. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for your sharing:) <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool! I can't wait to see you do a play by play in pictures! You are so amazing kris! And I hope you know how much you are appreciated out here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete