Tuesday, June 26, 2012

TO SHARON S. AND IAN



To Sharon, yes, when I write yellow carpenter's glue I mean wood glue.  Although, there are different kinds of glue for wood, like Gorilla Glue, I don't use that.  And, yes, you can substitute white glue.  I use the yellow carpenter's/wood glue because it sets faster than the white glue, has a quicker grab.
For Hydrangeas, I would use a larger hole punch, the flowers on hydrangeas are a little bigger, I think.  But, the whole process would be the same.

To Ian, go to the bottom of the page and click "older posts" and the other 6 tutorials will come up.  That tutorial is January 18, 2012, so you can also find it that way.

Hey, thanks to everyone for sending me a complement!!!!!  Just keeps me going and going and going . . . . . . .   TTYL  Kris

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the clarifications on glues, Kris. I've got wood glue that's tan or light brown (and maybe akin to Gorilla glue). My wood glue is really runny! I understand now that you want a quick grab/thicker glue. You've explained before, though, that carpenter's glue (although I was thinking "wood glue") works differently on paper and cardstock than a "quick grab" paper glue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!
    For sharig all those wonderful DIYs. What a timeusing efford to help us all !!
    I look forward to follow you in the future, see what you come up with.

    I wish you the most wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kris
    Im a follower of yours and I wanted to ask you if you wouldn't mind would you please, please redo the Stove and Fridge Tutorial with Photos....or even make it this months tutorial?

    I know its a lot to ask of you ,Im very new to the Mini world (well I make food but thats different) I get so confused with measurements and photos would help a lot (Im working on a roombox and I'm so confused)

    I really love your tutorials, thanks

    Love
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved your ideas! I have been through your words and found it very useful for me. I would love listen from you more in future. Thanks much for sharing.

    Kim@ white wood furniture

    ReplyDelete